Dr.Sam Masoud has been working as one of St.Catharines Animal Hospital’s Veterinarians since November 2015. He previously worked in different hospitals as an ER veterinarian in the GTA & Niagara regions before he joined the St. Catharines Animal Hospital team. He decided to pursue a career as a veterinarian because he loved working in the medical field, especially with animals.
He had his first dog in grade 7, which was a German Shepherd.
In 1993, he joined a 5-year university program at vet school, then did post-graduation training for 6 months in different veterinary branches. He started his career working with buffaloes, cows, and poultry (broiler, breeder and layers). He then changed to small animals when he moved to Canada. After he finished the VSTEP program with Guelph University and got his veterinary license to work in Ontario. Dr. Masoud is interested in soft tissue surgeries, internal medicine and emergency cases. He is also registered to work in the state of New York. Dr. Masoud is married and has 2 kids, a 17-year old boy who is interested in a medical career and a 13-year old girl who wants to be a veterinarian just like her dad. Dr. Masoud enjoys fishing and watching soccer during his free time. His favorite teams are Egypt and Toronto FC.
Dr.Sam has successfully completed the following accreditations:
- Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Medicine from University of Zagazeg in Egypt - 1993
- Post Graduate Training with VSTEP program at the University of Guelph - 2012
- College of Veterinarians of Ontario CVO License - 2014
- ECFVG with the American Veterinary Medical Association - 2014
- New York State Veterinary License - 2014
- Certificate in Oral Surgery, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology - 2018
Dr. Sam is also an active member in:
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- The College of Veterinarians of Ontario
- Veterinary Information Network